So, you’ve decided to have a reunion. 现在? The key to a successful gathering is planning, and here we’ve included some resources to assist you with this task. Visit the links below for more information on these specific reunion planning topics:
点击这里 for a turn-page version of the Prince George’s County Reunion Guide. It’s filled with everything you need to know to have a wonderful reunion in our County.;
Keep in touch with long-distance friends and relatives. Everyone can be “in the know” on details…whether it is for a family, 军事, 校友, 教堂, 或者姐妹会/兄弟会聚会. Share genealogical information and resources if you’re holding a family reunion. 它可以是免费的!
For example, check out these free resources for creating your very own family reunion website:
书 & 聚会杂志
For Every Season – The Complete Guide to African-American Celebrations Traditional to Contemporary, 芭芭拉Eklof
The 家庭 Reunion Planner, Donna Beasley
家庭 Reunion 规划 Kit for Dummies, Cheryl Fall
Your 家庭 Reunion: How to Plan It, Organize It, and Enjoy It, George G. 摩根
How to Plan Your African-American 家庭 Reunion, Krystal Williams
家庭 Reunion Handbook: A Complete Guide for Reunion Planners, Barbara E. 棕色（的）
A 家庭 Affair: How to Plan and Direct the Best 家庭 Reunion Ever, Sandra MacLean Clunies
The Black 家庭 Reunion Cookbook: Recipes and 食物 Memories by National Council of Negro Women
The 家庭 Reunion Sourcebook by Edith Wagner
The Rocking Chair Reader 家庭 Gatherings: True Stories of Celebration And Reunion (Rocking Chair Reader) by Helen Kay Polaski
有趣的 & Games for 家庭 Gatherings: With a Focus on 团聚 by Adrienne E. 安德森
Creating 家庭 通讯s: 123 Ideas for Sharing Memorable Moments With 家庭 and Friends by Elaine Floyd
The key to staging a successful reunion is time. Give yourself enough time to plan, execute and follow-up.
12 to 18 months before the reunion:
Create a database of family names, addresses, phone numbers, and email
Determine family interest, number of people that may attend
Assemble a list of relatives who will help with the event
Form reunion committee(s) and establish responsibilities and schedules
创建一个预算/簿记系统. Keep records of everything you do related to the reunion
Site Visit – scout potential locations and facilities (if needed)
1st Mailing – Send out a reunion announcement with a tentative reunion date, schedule, and plans
Arrange or hire a caterer, photographer, etc.
2nd Mailing – Send out reunion invitation
Confirm reservations, photographer, entertainment, caterer (if used)
Coordinate volunteers and designate their assignments
Purchase last-minute decorations and supplies
Confirm eating, lodging and meeting arrangements
Solve or Resolve any last-minute problems
Big day – no more counting – the reunion is here:
Coordinate day-of details, meet with volunteers, etc.
Set up displays, rental equipment, and registration table
Evaluate – What worked and what didn’t work
Thank all the committee heads and volunteers
Settle all accounts; finalize bookkeeping
Set a date to starting planning for the next reunion!
- Create a reunion notebook to track progress
- Make a master list or file of members and guests
- Poll your guests on possible reunion activities, location, time, etc.
- Choose menu for reunion meals and casual get-togethers
- Send first mailer – notify members of tentative reunion plans/schedule
- Arrange entertainment and activities
- Arrange for a photographer or videographer
- Send second mailer – invitations to all invited guests
- Reserve/confirm/block accommodations and/or hotel rooms
- Reserve/confirm entertainment and activities
- Reserve/confirm caterer/dining options
- Purchase souvenirs, t-shirts, hats, etc.
- Assign day-of-event responsibilities
- Arrange for ample number of chairs, tables, etc.
- Arrange for special needs of elderly or disabled
- First Aid Kit (and medicine cooler if the event is outdoors)
- Set up registration table with registration/guest book
- Distribute and collect reunion evaluation forms
- Set a tentative date for next year’s reunion while everyone is together
- Post-Event review, survey and follow-up